4.0
Poster increased review rating.

MUST READ THIS REVIEW BEFORE SHOPPING HERE... I went to Island Recreational to purchase a pool.

I picked out the pool I wanted, liner, pump, etc. On the day the pool arrived and was being installed, I noticed that is wasn't the pool I ordered, nor the pump, I called and they assured me the other pool was out of stock, so they upgraded me. Pool was up and they were installing the ledges, I overheard the installers saying these were not the correct ledges for the pool, they made a call to Island rec, the person on the other end said make them fit... so I watched them as they broke tabs off caps and just screwed in caps and made them fit needless to say after a month the caps just kept popping off 1 by 1.

Also noticed that skimmer started *** out water and pool was in even. The techs came back, re leveled the pool, told me I'm responsible for the price of all the chemicals to start the pool up again, gave me a new smaller skimmer, telling me that other skimmer was discontinued!! Then they proceeded to caulk the caps to the pool!!! That lasted 5 months before they started falling off.

Oh the new skimmer they put on, the screws are rusting now and dripping rust stains on liner. Finally they sent me new ledges and caps, THE SAME ONES ONLY NEW.. again after a while the caps fell off 1 by 1. Now, start of season 3 headaches, they FINALLY send the right ledges and caps, so I went to buy a sand filter from Massapequa from Eric and Matt.

I told them the model pump, spend 300 on new sand filter which I was assured would fit, guess what, missing an adapter to hook up pump, went back to store matt gave me the adapter, I went home, don't fit! Went back to store fter research he tells me the pump is discontinued no parts in stock, gives me part number and tells me to research online and purchase yourself!! . Update, went back again to try and reason with Eric or Matt, basically Matt told me again there was nothing he could do for me, the review on Yelp means nothing to him, he found the part I needed, he told me I must order it online myself and pay for it.

The real guy I need to speak to, the owner of this terrible company who actually won't take any phone calls or speak to his customers in person because he hides, he has reason to hide, just Google all the complaints Island recreational has against them, anyway I was told to send a letter to JOHN BONNELLIE who is the owner of this wonderful company!!

Want aggrevation? Shop here!

Review about: Island Recreational Swimming Pool Installation.

Comments

would love to meet this guy tough guy in person.

wasn't this reviewer arrested? hmm never shop at hollywood motors either!

to Anonymous #1433685

This annonymous person works for island recreational, i know who you are, too bad i dont work for a Hollywood motors or the post office mr. Kemp Hugh

to adatt69 #1433827

i dont work for those people you left us bad reviews also, just google search your name and you find everything about what you do online.

to Anonymous #1433830

Oh, so basically you are pissed because i wrote a bad review on you also, lmao, grow up. Island recreation just resolved this matter with me, you see the truth hurts sometimes, maybe if people would just sell their product, and stand behind their product then this wouldnt happen.

to Anonymous #1433834

ACTUALLY, THIS IS THE OW ER OF LINDENHURST CAR WASH, MAYBE I SHOULD JUST BLAST YOU ON EVERY SIGHT. THE TRUTH HURTS, BUT I ACTUALLY TRIED YOU AGAIN 3 WEEKS AGO, I HAVE PICTURES OF MY TRUCM TO PROVE HOW BAD YOUR GUYS CLEANED MY CAR, I EVEN SPENT $30 ON THE BEST ONE, YOU STILL COULDNT GET IT CLEAN.

this *** works at hollywood motors and the post office. never buy anything from them.

they are a scam scam scam.

this review is a cam i know this guy for years. there is a reason you don't get anything from companies you try to scam

to Anonymous #1433676

I dont work at Hollywood Motors or the post office, show your identity if you want to slander people you dont know!

to adatt69 #1433686

The reviews speak for themselves though.....